My name is J. Alejandro.
I have been writing and recording since I was a kid. I write plays, screenplays, and poetry. I also produce audio content showcasing original works, about the writing process, and pop culture. I have a fascination with narratives that work across various mediums. I believe in the work of working class creatives. Idle, WY is a blog I created to keep track of all this. My work aims to humanize the working class, as well as the Other. I want to share stories that we feel in our bones.
Stop by the NOW page to see what I’m currently working on. Or Click Below for the Portfolio!
(Video and Web Content)
- NAPAT National Playwriting Competition
- Semi-Finalist, Screamcraft Horror Script Contest
- Winner, NWDC/NPA Regional Playwriting Competition
- Finalist, KCACTF John Cauble National One Act Award
- 2x Winner KCACTF Region VII One Act Award
- University of Wyoming B.F.A. (Playwriting & Directing)
- Casper College A.A. (Theater Performance)
- Invited to development opps at Last Frontier Theater Conference, UNLV, Northwest Playwrights, and others.
- Workshops from Jose Cruz Gonzalez, Sean Clark, Gary Garrison, Jocelyn Clarke, and Migdalia Cruz, among others.