My name is J. Alejandro.
I have been writing and recording since I was a kid. I write plays, screenplays, and poetry. I also produce audio content showcasing original works, about the writing process, and pop culture. I have a fascination with narratives that work across various mediums. I believe in the work of working class creatives. Idle, WY is a blog I created to keep track of all this. My work aims to humanize the working class, as well as the Other. I want to share stories that we feel in our bones.
- NAPAT National Playwriting Competition
- Semi-Finalist, Screamcraft Horror Script Contest
- Winner, NWDC/NPA Regional Playwriting Competition
- Finalist, KCACTF John Cauble National One Act Award
- 2x Winner KCACTF Region VII One Act Award
- University of Wyoming B.F.A. (Playwriting & Directing)
- Casper College A.A. (Theater Performance)
- Invited to development opps at Last Frontier Theater Conference, UNLV, Northwest Playwrights, and others.
- Workshops from Jose Cruz Gonzalez, Sean Clark, Gary Garrison, Jocelyn Clarke, and Migdalia Cruz, among others.